4/23/2010

gDiapers Flushable Refills, Small, 40-Count Bags (Pack of 4)


The diapers to disposable diapers gDiapers system is an innovative, practical, green alternative. They consist of a g "small" pants reusable, washable outer layer, which is equipped with an absorbent, fully decomposable complete. The gDiapers Flushable Refill includes 40 sizes for small mines. They are fit for use lbs with small "g-bit" pants that babies 8 to 14

June 30, 2009
By J. Wadkins "threnody@threnodys.com" (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: gDiapers Flushable Refills, Small, 40-Count Bags (Pack of 4) (Health and Beauty)
My husband and I just started G-diapering our new baby two weeks ago, at 3 weeks of age. We absolutely love them to pieces. Everything about them so far has been great - fit, convenience, absorbency, looks, environmental impact, price.

Fit - These started fitting right at 8 pounds. He is now at 10 pounds and they are great.

Convenience - They are a bit more inconvenient than a disposable, this is true. But I still find them extremely convenient, even when out and about. In my diaper bag instead of disposables I have an extra pant/liner, a few inserts, and a plastic baggie. This is all I need to take care of flushing (or tossing) while out and about, and the baggie is where the cover/liner goes if it gets poopy. In fact the only place they are obviously more inconvenient than a disposable is at home, since I have to put my son down somewhere safe and take them to the bathroom.

Absorbency - My son doesn't seem to be too heavy of a wetter. They are great at containing urine and breastfed BMs. I have never had a pee leak. Occasionally the poop will get a bit on the outer cover which means the pant needs to be washed, but it has never gotten out on his clothing. We have 7 gpants which is more than enough to only need to wash every 3-4 days.

Looks - The pants are so adorable. They look like bottoms all on their own. They look great just with a t-shirt instead of the trashy look you have with a disposable diaper and no bottoms. I find myself deliberately dressing him in tees instead of onesies so that I can show off his adorable tush.

Price - They are a bit more than a disposable, but if you sign up for Amazon delivery, you get 15% off which makes them almost the same price.

Environmental impact - I am very impressed and pleased with these because I know the pee/poop is going exactly where it belongs and I'm not putting anything into a landfill. I'm not exactly a crunchy mama, but I have always been appalled at the idea of garbage in general, so the idea of disposables really turned my stomach. I am so pleased to have an option in between disposables and cloth.

Speaking of cloth, the gdiaper is an excellent gateway diaper to cloth, and in fact can be used with cloth. Shortly I will be using cloth in my gdiaper covers, as gdiaper has just released their gcloth line of inserts. Because of the awesome inner liner, there will be a very small item to wash and again the covers will only need to be washed every few days.

Overall I am thrilled with this product and would heartily recommend it to any and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment